Purpose: To test the TherMax solenoid for opening.
TherMax Solenoid Opening Test Procedure
1. Install a calibrated gauge manifold.
2. Remove the #26 wire from the TherMax solenoid coil.
3. Operate the unit in cool mode.
4. Observe the gauge manifold low pressure gauge and attach a test lead between battery positive and the #26 terminal on the TherMax solenoid.
5. Suction pressure should increase when the valve opens.
NOTE: A solenoid that fails to open will result in reduced unit heating capacity.