Purpose: To check for a leak through the TherMax solenoid in the cool mode.
Leak Test Procedure
1. Install a calibrated gauge manifold.
2. Confirm the compressor, 3-way valve and refrigerant level are serviceable.
3. Run the unit in cool mode.
4. Check the unit suction pressure during the cool mode. It should be normal.
5. If suction pressure is higher than normal, check the TherMax solenoid and solenoid outlet. A cold or frosted solenoid outlet indicates a leak through the solenoid.
NOTE: A TherMax (Heat) solenoid that leaks will reduce the units cooling capacity.