ACID/MOISTURE TEST KIT METHOD
Some sealed-tube test kits like TOTALTEST® can measure the acid/moisture content in refrigerant vapor without the need for an oil sample. The TOTALTEST® procedure is performed as follows:
1. Insert a disposable test tube supplied with the kit in the test instrument.
2. Conned the instrument to the system service port as shown in Figure SP-5-1.
3. Open the service port to allow refrigerant to enter the tube.
4. Allow about ten minutes for the chemical crystals to react with any acid or moisture in the refrigerant.
5. Close the service valve and detach the instrument from the system.
6. Remove the disposable test tube and compare it to the chart on the test kit ackage to determine the condition of the system (Figure SP-5-1).
Categories: Service Procedures | Leave a comment